10 THINGS YOU CAN DO:
Ten Things You Can Do To Prevent Graffiti
- Get educated. Learn about graffiti, how it impacts your community, and who is responsible for graffiti prevention and clean-up in your area.
- Report graffiti to the appropriate authorities.
- Organize a clean up. Local paint dealers are often willing to donate paint and brushes for volunteers to use for graffiti clean-up.
- Plan a paint-brush mural to cover a wall plagued with graffiti.
- Coordinate a graffiti awareness campaign at your school or in the community.
- Make a presentation on graffiti prevention to your school class or neighborhood group.
- "Adopt a wall" in your school or community and make sure it stays clean and free of graffiti.
- Plant trees or other greenery near a graffiti-plagued wall.
- Ask your community to install lighting in areas that are dark and often hit with graffiti.
- Contact a local Keep America Beautiful affiliate and volunteer to help keep your community clean.